Hey everyone, I know it’s been a little while since I’ve posted but I’m here now.
The one thing I really want to talk about is anxiety during this time of the coronavirus. There are so many that are struggling at this time and it’s understandable but we have to do what we can in order to keep from getting anxious and depressed. I know it’s hard staying home for those that are outgoing and love to be around people while on the other hand it can be tough for those that isolate because of mental health issues.
We can look at this pandemic in many two different ways. We can either focus on the negativity of it or the positives. I don’t want to concentrate on the negatives, now that doesn’t mean I don’t stay informed or don’t practice social distancing it just means that the negative isn’t my entire focus.
So you may be asking yourself, “Has this lady lost her mind⁉️” No I haven’t. I am making a choice to look 👀 at the positive. If I don’t choose the positive then I’m in big trouble. My mental health will not be stable at all and I will go into a downward spiral which is not good for me or anybody else around me. I know what that deep dark hole of despair feels like and it’s not pretty so I have to do all I can to be mindful of my mental health.
At this time there is nothing we can do to stop what’s happening right now but there are things that we can do to keep anxiety from creeping up on us‼️
1. Stop watching the news all the time! When we watch too much news it can put us in panic mode so what my husband and I do is watch the news in the evening like we normally do. This way we are not obsessing about what’s going on because it’s not healthy.
2. Start that project you have been putting off because you haven’t had time. Once you have finished that project you will have a feeling of accomplishment which will help your confidence.
3. Spend fun time with your family! So we are all stuck at home anyway so make the most of it. Normally everyone is so busy rushing out and about that our families don’t connect anymore. So take the time now to build up that connection. Now you can actually spend time communicating with each other and having some fun. I know this may sound old school but do you have any board games? If so, play them! What about watching movies together or playing video games!
4. For those that may be alone, reach out to those you love ❤️. We have so much technology to reach out to loved ones and friends. FaceTime, Google Duo, Facebook messenger, these are great tools to be able to see those that you love. Utilize technology.
5. Spend some time with God. Whooaaa I just hit a spot there didn’t I? Now is the time we need to be praying 🙏 more than ever before! Listen to some uplifting Christian music 🎶 it is so good for the soul and at the same time you are getting Gods Word into your heart. I know that it helps me tremendously.
6. Exercise, do yoga 🧘♀️ or something healthy for your body. You can go outside whether it’s in your back yard or maybe you have a balcony or just walk around your apartment complex. There is something healthy you can do for your body even with the “Stay at Home” order that’s taking place. Going outside is healthy, you breathe in the air, enjoy the sunlight and I promise you that it will make you feel better.
7. What about that hobby you enjoy doing but haven’t had the time to do it…well…now is the time to pick it back up! Don’t have a hobby? Find something that you can enjoy doing? Are you creative? Make encouraging cards, create a painting, do something to bring out the creative in you.
8. Be an encourager for others! During this time there are so many people that need encouragement. One of the things I have been doing for quite a while now is sending out encouraging texts. I go on Google, find something that really speaks to me and I send it out to about 40 people every morning. I don’t do it in a group text, I send them individually and I can’t tell you how many times I get a response that they really needed that or they are going through a tough time and that simple action helped them.
9. Breathing and meditation. Now these can be very helpful for anxiety. When I am feeling stressed or overwhelmed I will take a few minutes to gather myself by closing my eyes and just breathe deep breaths slowly. It works wonders.
10. Stay in today! All we have is today, right now, in this moment so enjoy the moment. You can’t worry about tomorrow because it isn’t even here yet and yesterday is gone. All you have is today!
I hope these tips will help you. We can get through this together. You never have to feel alone‼️
Be blessed and remember to be a blessing to someone else,